Amazing Creamy Roasted Corn Soup Recipe
The bounty of autumn is upon us, throwing inspiration to the wind (or rather, to our kitchens). We're finding ourselves spending more free time than ever alchemizing over grounding, heavenly fall feasts that are filling us up and making us feel all warm inside.
Buy too many ears of corn this weekend, and not quite sure what to do with them all (other than throw on the grill)?! Voila... a creamy roasted corn soup. Share it with someone you love or enjoy by yourself, near a roaring fire, candles lit, as you sip a spicy glass of red. This soup will make you feel hot from the inside out. #hubbahubba
- 2 large ears of sweet corn
- 1/4 cup yellow squash
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt + pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. To prepare the corn, hold ear of corn vertical to cutting board, and remove the kernels using a sharp knife. Place in a bowl.
3. Dice the garlic and squash, and add garlic, squash, olive oil, salt + pepper to corn. Toss mixture together, then place in heated oven on baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes.
4. In a pot, combine water, broth, rosemary, and thyme. Once boiling, add the roasted corn mixture. Once boiling, let simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
5. Place soup in blender or food processor to cream, then reheat on stove top and serve.