Recipe: Kabocha Squash Soup
-1 small to medium Kabocha squash (any squash works)
-3 to 4 carrots
-1 Tbsp. fresh ginger
-2 c. water
-1 small can of coconut milk (about a c.)
-1 Tbsp. raw, organic honey
-1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
-Salt, pepper to taste
1) Roast squash in the oven at 375 deg. F (until knife slides in easily, about 25-30 mins)
2) Chop up onions and carrots into large pieces. Sauté in olive (or coconut) oil until golden.
3) Add honey, hemp seeds, and one c. of water to the pan and simmer until soft and tender. Add ginger, salt, and pepper.
4) Pour all ingredients (squash, carrots, onions, water, ginger) into a large pot and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
5) Slowly add in rest of water until you have desired consistency.
6) Garnish with red pepper flakes, pumpkin seeds, splash of coconut milk, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Read the full feature on Forbes!