Recipe: DIY Detox Bath Salts
Mix equal parts baking soda and epsom salts for a soothing, detoxing soak in the tub. Epsom salt is not actually a salt but a naturally occurring mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate, both essential to the human body. Magnesium regulates over 325 enzymes in the body and reduces inflammation while sulfate helps the body to absorb nutrients while drawing out toxins and soothing aches and pains.
Add in your favorite essential oil to open up your pores, relax and destress your body+mind+soul. We love peppermint, eucalyptus, and lavender oils.
Other add ins to boost your detox bath:
- Rose petals: skin soothing and beautiful ;)
- Ginger slices: soothes muscles as well as cold and flu symptoms
- Oats: relieves skin irritations and itching, exfoliates for smooth skin
- Cinnamon sticks: invigorating, skin soothing and rash relieving
- Dried lavender: reduces inflammation, relieves stress, calms the body