5 Detox Foods to Eat Every Day
Detox is a hot button word. Those 5 simple letters strung together conjure up some pretty alluring images in our minds of lean, sexy bodies and confident, soaring spirits. But for, some people, that word immediately triggers feelings of starvation, deprivation, and dread. The good news is – the former so does not have to be accomplished by the latter. In fact, a detox does not need to be contained by a select period of time in which you swear off chewing, chocolate, or even alcohol. Once you make the decision to live a detoxing lifestyle, you can say bye bye to those juice cleanses and hello to that beautiful body (sans pain).
Detoxing is your body’s natural mechanism of eliminating internal toxins by interacting with all of your bodily systems (lymphatic, digestive, cardiovascular etc) to release toxins that are trapped, and expel them from your system. The detoxification process requires thousands of vitamins, mineral and enzymes to work its detoxing magic, so eating a diet of whole, organic, healing foods helps to support these natural processes.
These are the top 5 foods to include in your diet every single day to boost your daily detox powers:
- Greens – Rich in chlorophyll (which purifies the blood and binds to toxins and excretes them from body), greens are also loaded with antioxidants to keep your skin looking dewy, youthful, and glowing.
- Superfoods – Superfoods help regain your body’s natural abilities to digest, burn, repair, and, yes, detox. They are alkalizing in the body, anti-inflammatory, and extremely high in protective antioxidants.
- Herbs – Medicinal herbs (like amla and ashwagandha) have been used for centuries in eastern medicine for their natural healing qualities. They help the body achieve everything from a strong immune system to a flat tummy to shiny hair.
- Detox Tea – Look for teas with ginger, lemon, licorice root, and rose petals.
- Probiotics – Special blend of enzymes that help breakdown all the ultra-nutritious food you are eating so that you can better absorb all the goodness and eliminate any junk. The better shape your digestion is in, the better shape your body is in.
Check out our Daily Detox Smoothie recipe and start daily detoxing today!
*Image via here