What's Happening Now: The top Must Reads This Week in Health + Wellness
Every week, The S-Life Mag will make sure you’re in the know about the latest scientific studies and current events pertaining to health, wellness, nutrition and more. This is the stuff you need to know for your body, mind and soul!
- Shocker! The oddly controversial HPV vaccine really, truly works.
- Air pollution may have an unexpected side effect...on your weight. On a semi-related note, a study found that even shedding just a few pounds could have huge health benefits.
- The couple that fights germs together, stays together.
- Sugar could be worse for kids than previously thought. Like, a lot worse.
- Sleepy? Probably because you’re one of the 1 in 3 American adults who isn’t getting enough zzzs. The CDC wants people to get in the know.
- Finally, science-approved permission to stop ordering your omelet with egg whites.
- Sufferers of fibromyalgia may want to seriously consider acupuncture as a treatment option.
- We may have Angelina Jolie to thank (in part) for this trend, which sees mastectomies on the rise.
- Go ahead and enjoy that second (ok, third) cup of coffee—it could help you out come happy hour by protecting your liver!
- The movement to remove industrial sodium fluoride from the world’s water supply has been growing in recent years, and now, the world’s oldest and most prestigious medical journal, The Lancet, has officially classified fluoride as a neurotoxin — in the same category as arsenic, lead and mercury (aka, get a filter)!