What's Happening Now: The Top Must Reads This Week in Health + Wellness
Every Wednesday, The S-Life Mag will make sure you’re in the know about the latest scientific studies and current events pertaining to health, wellness, nutrition and more. This is the stuff you need to know for your body, mind and soul!
- Rather than fixating on numbers like weight or the oft-criticized BMI, experts are saying that body shape—we’re talking pear vs. apple here—may be a better predictor of heart disease risk.
- Big, exciting news for sexual health! We may be just a few years away from hormone-free, injectable, long-term birth control…for men.
- There’s a 50/50 chance your doctor is suffering from burnout…and it could have serious consequences for you.
- Whether tossed into a salad or whipped up into homemade hummus, we love beans and chickpeas, and here’s one more reason to eat up: They may aid in weight loss efforts.
- A common diabetes medication may markedly increase bladder cancer risk. Fortunately, food is medicine (and so is exercise).
- You know how you feel when you’re sleep-deprived (hint: not great), but a new study looked at exactly what happens to your brain after too many sleepless nights.
- Feeling the effects of allergy season? It could be yet another health concern that’s linked to your microbiome.
- Sometimes, a look says it all…in any language.