Root to Rise
During a cosmically charged period of time (hello, new moon), feelings, thoughts, and actions are all emphasized dramatically. It can feel intense to say the least and if you aren’t conscious of the shifts, it can leave you feeling scattered, overwhelmed, and downright loony.
Not only does this shift not have to make you feel this way, it’s something that can actually be harnessed to make your dreams come true. To do so, you have to ground. Consciously make slow, contemplated, secure decisions at a time where everything can feel like it's slipping out of your fingers. Don’t get down or panic because it’s too much or too fast. Don’t be pulled by temporal impulses, desires, and needs from others in the world. Stand your ground and enjoy this period of fruition that you have worked towards.
Root down and celebrate all that you create! Here are 6 of our favorite ways to root down in order to soar:
- Deep, full body breaths. Close your eyes, place your hand on your belly, and feel the rise and fall with each deep breath. Work your way towards a 5-count-inhale and 7-count-exhale and feel the gravitational pull you have towards the ground.
- Run to Mother Nature. Touch a tree, smell the grass, stick your toes in the dirt. Get up close and personal and soak up her calming energetic pulse in whatever way you can. No access to the outdoors? Fill your indoor space with life energy in the form of crystals or plants!
- Be a mountain. The way you hold your body has a huge impact not only on how others perceive you, but how you perceive yourself. Your emotions, thoughts, and beliefs are all strongly attached to your physical body (and we all know how powerful your emotions, thoughts, and beliefs are). When done with intention mountain pose will root you firmly to the ground and pulse confidence, security, and love into your every cell. Stand with your feet hips distance and parallel and feel your connection to the earth. Activate from the top of your femur all the way down to your ankles, pulling up on your inner arches. Draw energy up from the bottoms of your feet into your stomach and heart, and send that energy back down into the ground. Breathe deeply and stand firmly in all that you are in this very unique moment.
- Mantra: I stand in my strength. Simple and powerful. Write it out, say it to yourself in the mirror, or speak it while in mountain pose.
- Put a couple of drops of organic patchouli on your wrists, temples, or directly onto the soles of your feet. You can also sprinkle a few drops into a bath, onto your bed sheets, or in your laundry for a more consistent grounding energy.
- Eat as close to the ground as possible. Root vegetables (beets, potatoes, carrots, etc.) have a great rooting effect on the body, but beware of how far that vegetable has traveled to get to you and any processing that has occurred in the interim. Clean, pure, lovingly cared for whole foods that hold onto the earth’s energy will sooth, heal, nourish, support, and ground your insides, so that your outsides can flourish. Ready to know what that truly feels like? Let us show you! We cannot wait to help make your dreams come true.