Recipe: Put Down the Advil
Headache? Stomach ache? Sore throat? Put down that advil cause our Sakara herbal remedy is going to kick those aches and pains in the behind.
1 valerian root teabag
1 tblsp powdered ginger
2 tblsp turmeric
1/2 tsp Ashwaghanda
1/2 tsp Amla powder
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tblsp raw honey
Organic unsweetened almond milk to taste
Brew tea, stir in all ingredients, breathe deeply, take a sip, and let the pain melt away.
Key painkilling players:
Valerian is nature’s tranquilizer. It has been used for hundreds of years as a remedy for insomnia, anxiety, tension, stress and irritability. It works by reducing nerve sensitivity.
- Ginger – This natural anti-inflammatory has been used for centuries in Chinese medicine as a natural painkiller. It alleviates symptoms of nausea, headache, muscle soreness, indigestion and cramps.
- Turmeric – This super spice possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties and can be used as a remedy for sprains, bruises, joint inflammation, and sore muscles.
- Cayenne pepper – The capsacin in cayenne blocks the neurotransmitter substance P which relays pain from the nerves to the brain.
- Ashwaghanda - Medicinal herb that naturally reduces stress in the both by soothing the nervous system + the mind to ease pain.
- Amla - A full-body medicinal herb, Amla is an amazing tonic for your heart, eyes, and brain - boosting the mind and memory and naturally reducing inflammation.