Say hello to the Pronut
Introducing the PRONUT aka protein donut aka your new best friend that's really good looking and won't give you any guilt (hi, gluten-free and vegan). Pop these babies in after a sweaty workout for a quick yet powerful snack and you're good to go! Muscle repair superstar ingredient here is the incredible Acai, which also makes your pronuts a really cool purple color.
And now for the final show stopper topper... wait for it....
~ E-D-I-B-L-E G-L-I-T-T-E-R ~
Sprinkle on and watch em shimmer.
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package of defrosted Acai
- 1/4 cup of your favorite protein powder (we love SUNWARRIOR!)
- 2 TBSP ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Edible Glitter for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and generously grease donut pan with coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients [flour, protein powder, flaxseed, baking soda, salt] and whisk well
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine liquid ingredients [acai, water, maple syrup, vanilla] and mix well
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth and thick
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared donut molds; bake for 8-10 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack for remainder of cooling; top with "Peanut Butter" Protein Glaze [recipe below]
PRONUT GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 TBSP sunflower seed butter OR nut or seed butter of choice
- 2 TBSP of Protein Powder (again, SUNWARRIOR rocks)
- 2 TBSP nut mylk of choice
- EDIBLE GLITTER!!!!!!
- Combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl or food processor; whisk or process until smooth, adding additional teaspoons of mylk as needed until desired consistency is reached