WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW: THE TOP MUST READS IN HEALTH + WELLNESS THIS WEEK
Every week, The S-Life Mag will make sure you’re in the know about the latest scientific studies and current events pertaining to health, wellness, nutrition and more. This is the stuff you need to know for your body, mind and soul!
- Could sugary drinks one day bear warning labels just like cigarettes? Maybe—and that’s a good thing.
- Your allergies could have surprisingly sexy origins. Well, kind of.
- American women are waiting longer to have their first child, according to the CDC. Want tips on taking care of your precious fertility? Alisa Vitti knows what’s up. In other news, moms who eat fish during pregnancy might give birth to smarter babies.
- Those e-cigarettes? Yeah, they’re not helping anyone quit smoking. Shocker. However, here’s some good news for pot smokers.
- New research shows that a modern diet that’s low in fiber and high in fat has damaging effects on the microbiome that persist throughout generations. Yikes.
- Off the booze this month? You’re certainly not alone, but the opinion of some health experts on the subject might surprise you.
- A new study suggests men may actually be more susceptible to the flu than women thanks to the latter’s estrogen-based compounds. And here we thought men just complained more.
- It turns out dogs may in fact be extremely perceptive to human emotional states…something dog owners have always known.
- When it comes to the great breakfast debate—to eat or not to eat—we say, listen to your body. Of course, it never hurts to read up on the subject.
- Go ahead, sleep in this weekend—it might stave off diabetes.