Recipe! Next-Level Toast Toppers
Toast! Seriously... What is better than toast?
Any kind, any way, any day. Topped sweetly, sourly, or savory; breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner (or, many hours after dinner). Toast is always a good idea. Below are some of our go-to toast topper combinations, for any sweet or savory tooth craving. And as always, throw in your favorite veggies, herbs and spices. Make it your own...
1) Toasted sourdough, cashew cheese, juicy farm fresh tomatoes, sliced radish, micro-greens and red chili pepper flakes
2) Toasted Ezekiel, raw almond butter or cashew cheese (or both if you're feeling frisky), strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, gogji berries, and pistachios
3) Rye loaf, smashed avocado, pan roasted carrots and snap peas in olive oil, tomatoes, marinated artichokes, micro-greens, himalayan salt and red chili pepper flakes
4) Toasted sourdough, smashed avocado, pan roasted onions and carrots in olive oil, sliced radishes, cabbage, and rosemary
CASHEW CHEESE RECIPE:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in 3 cups water for at least 1 hour
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
Soak, drain + rinse the cashews. Throw them in a blender or food processor, along with lemon, salt and pepper. Pulse for about 1 minute to combine, then add water and process until completely smooth. Voila! Cashew cheese!
What are some of your favorite, go-to toast toppers? Let us know -- let's make a meal out of it.