Metabolism-Powering Cookie Bars
Our new favorite way to take our Metabolism Super Powder: in the form of a cookie.
With Sakara's Metabolism Super Powder.
A soft gluten-free cookie layer provides a bed for a nutty date caramel, and both are cloaked under a dark cacao and Metabolism Super Powder shell, making this the dessert of our dreams. Indulgently made with whole food ingredients and natural sweeteners, this satisfying and plant-based cookie bar recipe keeps us coming back to the kitchen again and again.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or plant based butter
2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- ½ cup organic nut or seed butter of choice
- 6 large pitted dates (sub ¼ cup maple syrup)
- 1 cup water
Chocolate- Metabolism Layer
- 2 scoops Sakara Metabolism Super Powder
- ⅓ cup cacao wafers or organic dark chocolate bar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make the cookie dough: In a large bowl, combine almond flour, oat flour, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Ensure there are no clumps of hardened coconut oil. Place the bowl in the fridge.
- In a small pot, combine ½ cup water and pitted dates on low to medium heat, stirring often and breaking down dates, until they begin to resemble caramel. Add more water if needed to ensure it is caramel consistency.
- Add nut or seed butter of choice and stir until combined.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, press and flatten dough into a rectangular shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes, sheet out of the oven, and let cookies cool.
- Spread nutty date caramel onto the cookie in an even layer. Place cookies in the fridge to set while you prepare the chocolate.
- In a small pot, slowly melt together Metabolism Super Powder, chocolate, and coconut oil on low heat.
- Remove the cookies from the fridge and begin to spread chocolate over the nutty-caramel layer.
- Place in the fridge to cool and once solidified, cut into squares or rectangular bars.