Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
WHAT YOUR NEXT COZY MORNING CALLS FOR
Brisk mornings call for a few things: a go-to oversized sweater; a steaming mug of coffee or tea; and this oatmeal recipe. Tuck into creamy, fiber-rich oats topped with fragrant apples, satiating almond butter, and a superfood sprinkle of bee pollen and chia seeds.
½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup almond milk or water (for cooking oats)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 date, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 apple, diced
1 teaspoon cinnamon (for apples)
¼ cup water (for cooking apples)
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon almond butter
Chia seeds and bee pollen (for topping)
- Prepare oatmeal. In a saucepan, combine the oats, almond milk (or water), ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, and the chopped date.
- Heat the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the oats are tender and mixture is creamy, about 5-7 minutes. Add more liquid if needed to reach your desired consistency. The dates should melt into the oatmeal.
- Cook the apples. In a separate pan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add diced apple and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the pan.
- Add ¼ cup water into the pan to help soften the apples and create a slightly caramelized texture. Sauté the apples until they are tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of maple syrup over the cooked apples and stir to coat evenly.
- Assemble. Spoon the creamy oatmeal into a bowl. Top with sautéed cinnamon apples and drizzle with almond butter. Sprinkle on chia seeds and bee pollen. Enjoy!