Spiced Green Protein Waffles
FUEL YOUR MORNING WITH A PLANT-POWERED TWIST ON YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST
Starting your day with waffles can deliver just as much whole-body nourishment as it does joy—and our plant protein-packed recipe proves it.
The key ingredient? Sakara Protein + Greens Super Powder. With a full serving of greens in each serving plus potent alkalizing grasses and 12 grams of clean plant protein, you’re setting yourself up with higher energy levels and supported satiation to take on the day. What else? We added zucchini, a cell-hydrating hero, and cinnamon, a natural aphrodisiac, to invigorate your taste buds… and beyond.
Heat up your waffle iron and get ready to spice up your morning.
1 serving Protein + Greens Super Powder
1 ¼ cup plant milk
3 tablespoons flax seeds
1 cup gluten-free baking flour blend
½ cup almond, oat, or rice flour
1 cup grated zucchini
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ginger powder
1 dash of clove
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ripe mashed banana
2 teaspoons baking powder
Optional toppings: fresh fruit, maple syrup, yogurt, and/or nut butter
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seeds and milk. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, add the gluten-free baking flour, the oat/almond/rice flour, Protein + Greens Super Powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, and baking powder and mix well.
- Whisk the mashed banana, grated zucchini, olive oil, and vanilla in with the flax-and-milk mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Heat waffle iron and brush lightly with oil. Scoop batter to cover the iron and cook until golden brown.
- Top with fruit, maple syrup, yogurt, and/or nut butter. Enjoy!
MORE PROTEIN-PACKED BREAKFASTS