The 15 Things You Didn't Know About Man Repeller aka Leandra Medine
She is wildly intelligent, unapologetic, and the very worthy owner of a closet we would sacrifice big things to have access to. One of the many things that has transformed what started as her personal blog into the force that is Man Repeller today, is her magnetic authenticity. You know where she stands on everything from Crocs to SoulCycle. However, here are some things you probably didn't know about the beauty & brains behind MR aka Mrs Leandra Medine Cohen.
1. If you could have one other profession, what would it be? I think I'd have liked to be a psychologist or something.
3. If you could interview one person (dead or alive) who would it be? Gay Talese, who wrote Frank Sinatra Has a Cold. I just feel like it would be so ironic in all the greatest of ways.
4. #1 style icon? My mom.
5. Best advice someone has ever told you? My dad has given me a ton of excellent business and life advice but more and more it is seemingly like the best advice I'd been given is a simple nugget my mom has been preaching for years: 'Do everything in moderation'.
6. What is your love language? Words.
7. Next place you want to visit? Russia!
8. Go-to mantra/affirmation? You're here because you're supposed to be, prove that to yourself.
9. Favorite part of your body? My jawline.
10. Most impressive thing your body has done? I held up a plank for 2 minutes this morning.
11. When do you feel sexiest? When wearing my biggest pants.
12. What is the biggest lesson you've learned from your health? Sugar is crack.
13. When do you feel most creative? When I'm traveling.
14. What's your mission? To make women who might feel muted recognize they have a loud voice
15. What's one intention you have for 2016? I've recently realized that I am motivated to work hard because I'd like to achieve a certain quality of life to enjoy with the people who I love. The reality of the matter is, though, that quality of life can be achieved independent of the work, so I'd really like to figure out the elusive work/life balance a bit better. To spend more time with people who matter most and less time wishing away days/trying to get through weeks/consoling myself by thinking the following month will be better every single month. Have joy in the present!
*All images via @ManRepeller Instagram