Made With Love: Maman's Family Secret Cookie Recipe
If there ever were a time to wake and bake (French chocolate chip shortbread cookies!), the time would be now. Below, find Maman's generations-old, traditional cookie recipe, passed down from Elisa's grandmother with plenty of love. Merci, Elisa!
Dig in (with a salad on the side).
INGREDIENTS (disclaimer: so not vegan)
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 lb of unsalted organic butter
- 1/2 cup of corn starch (sifted)
- 3 cups of organic, all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of almond essence
- Sift: flour and corn starch together in a large bowl.
- Whip: butter with an electric mixer until very light + fluffy. Slowly add icing sugar and almond essence.
- Gradually: add flour + corn starch mixture to butter (in 3 - 4 additions).
- Blend: this into a creamed mixture.
- Spatula in chocolate chips, and orange rind if so desired.
- Drop a tsp of the mixture onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 15 minutes. Let sit on an ungreased tray for 5 mins to cool.