Curry Spiced Cauliflower
LIQUID GOLD BATHES SEASONED CAULIFLOWER—GREAT AS A SIDE DISH OR MAIN
Cozy on up to the warming and fragrant spices of turmeric, ginger, and garlic, bathing in sulfur-rich cauliflower. The pumpkin seeds and hit of cinnamon add depth, and ensure this plant-rich dish will keep you satiated.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 16-ounce can of tomato (diced or puréed)
- 1 cup coconut yogurt or full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- ½ small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed + minced
- Salt + pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped herbs (suggested: parsley, cilantro, basil)
- 1 handful of warmly seasoned nuts + seeds (suggested: turmeric, curry)
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, pour a few teaspoons of olive oil and turn heat to medium.
- Once olive oil is warm, add in onion and sauté until fragrant. Add cauliflower and stir often for 5 minutes, until florets begin to soften and gently brown.
- Turn heat to low and add in the ginger + garlic, stir frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the curry powder and stir until the ingredients are well-coated.
- Add in tomatoes and coconut yogurt/milk, place a lid on and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, top with chopped herbs of choice (parsley, cilantro, basil), additional coconut yogurt, and finish with a handful of seasoned nuts + seeds.
- Pair with rice and fresh, leafy greens. Enjoy.