Detox Iced Tea (Recipe)
First things first: quit the guilt trip you put on yourself after an extra-indulgent weekend. Soaking up summer with abandon is something we can all fully endorse. That being said, the sluggishness/bloat/skin blemish/general "off" feeling that comes with deviating from routine doesn't feel like self-love, and in those cases, we're here to rescue you back to a baseline of exuberant health. One of our secret weapons to remedy the daily onslaught of toxins is with our Detox Tea. We grace every Sakara delivery with a 5 pack for a reason. Made with South African red Rooibos, lemongrass, and rose, this medicinal blend fights aging, supports liver + kidneys, and calms the adrenals.
Lately, with the temperatures continuing to rise, we've been whipping up large carafes of detox tea and turning it into iced tea as a way to cool down and balance that fiery, pitta energy.
makes 8 glasses
- 6 tea bags of Sakara Detox Tea
- fresh mint
- 1 organic lemon
- Using a tea kettle, bring 8 cups of water to a simmer
- Remove from heat and add 6 tea bags
- Let steep between 5-10 minutes, depending on the strength you prefer
- Remove tea bags
- Let cool, then pour in a carafe and refrigerate until chilled
- For serving, top with a squeeze of lemon and a sprig or two of fresh mint