The Cantaloupe, Citrus + Mint Mix
There's nothing quite as satisfying as rolling through a farmer's market, peeling the perfect orange, letting the juices drip down your arm, and basking in all that is sun-drenched and sticky. So, today we present you with a recipe that embraces quintessential citrus, but with a few added twists: peak-season melon, cooling herbs, a squeeze of tropical lime, and crunch of an organic cucumber.
We love it because honeydew, cantaloupe, and cucumber are high in water content and fiber. This means it will help your body regulate and hydrate on a cellular level. Plus, mint is internally cooling and will naturally stimulate digestive enzymes which help you better absorb nutrients and provide anti-inflammatory qualities during digestion.
*Melon, Citrus, Cucumber, and Lime
- ¼ cantaloupe
- ¼ honeydew
- 1 English cucumber (can also use 2 Persian cucumbers)
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 lime
- handful mint
- honey, to taste
1. Peel and cut the melon into inch pieces.
2. Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, ribbon the cucumber. We recommend using a Persian or English cucumber because the skin is thinner than a regular cucumber. Place in a bowl.
3. Cut each end off the citrus, and place the flat side on the cutting board. Carefully cut off all the peel and pith. Slice grapefruit and orange, and add to bowl with cucumber and melon.
4. Using a microplane, zest the lime over the fruit. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice on top.
5. Drizzle with honey, and tear mint on top.
6. Enjoy summer's bounty!
*Recipe by Pearl Jones for Sakara Life