SWEET LAUREL x SAKARA: METABOLISM-REVVING BROWNIES
A MELT IN YOUR MOUTH, TRANSCENDENT DESSERT EXPERIENCE WITH A FUNCTIONAL FOOD TWIST
The beloved, clean dessert shop for Angelenos, Sweet Laurel, linked up with us to create a dessert that defies the rules of baked goods. It's incredibly creamy, decadent, and moist—yet contains zero refined sugar, is completely plant-based and gluten-free, plus includes a suite of antioxidants and Ayurvedic herbs thanks to Metabolism Super Powder. When taken regularly, this nutritional powder helps to squash sugar cravings, heighten libido, and debloat. Usually you'll find us taking a scoop with our coffee or morning smoothie, but when the desire for sweets beckons, we'll be turning to this recipe again and again. To enjoy this recipe in your Sakara Signature Nutrition Program, make sure to sign up for meals the week of October 18th. And remember; eating for health and eating for pleasure don't need to be mutually exclusive.
BLISSED OUT BROWNIES
Makes one 9x13-inch pan
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 cups almond butter (can substitute nut/seed butter of choice)
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Metabolism Super Powder
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup Sweet Laurel vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ¼ cup Sweet Laurel vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flaxseed with water and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the flax/water mixture, almond butter, maple syrup, Metabolism Super Powder, cacao powder, walnuts, chocolate chips, baking soda, and salt. Stir until the batter is fully incorporated. Pour the batter into a 9x13-inch pan and spread to even out the surface. Top the batter with the walnut pieces and chocolate chips. Sprinkle hemp seeds and shredded coconut evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes then allow to cool completely. Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days. Brownies can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
PLANT-RICH DESSERT IDEAS: