WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW: THE TOP MUST READS IN HEALTH + WELLNESS THIS WEEK
Every week, The S-Life Mag will make sure you’re in the know about the latest scientific studies and current events pertaining to health, wellness, nutrition and more. This is the stuff you need to know for your body, mind and soul!
- Your genes may contribute to your longevity, but not in the way you might think. Hey, you know what else contributes to longevity? Reishi mushrooms, found in our Magic Mushroom dressing!
- If you’ve ever hit the ice cream hard after a tough day, you know that stress and overeating often go hand in hand. Now, research suggests that combined, they may also contribute to anxiety and depression. Fortunately, a new study may have found a solution.
- A government panel has stated that starting around age 40, adults with no prior history of heart disease should consider taking a low or moderate-dose statin as a preventative measure. Get ahead of the cholesterol-lowering game naturally by eating plenty of plant-based fiber.
- The quickest way to our hearts is through our...microbiome? Yes, literally.
- The neurotransmitter GABA may be linked to autism, according to new research. The discovery could lead to new treatment options.
- The French government will now require runway models to have certificates signed by a doctor stating that they are a healthy weight. See? Healthy is always in fashion.
- How do you spot a fatal disease that tends to go incognito? Ovarian cancer is one such condition, but new research has led to the development of a life-saving blood test that could aid in early detection.
- If you’ve been working on the perfect home birth plan, we have good news for you: a study found that it’s perfectly safe to have your baby at home, provided your pregnancy is low risk.
- Load up on your antioxidants: external, environmental factors contribute more significantly than your genes to your cancer risk, according to a study.