WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW: THE TOP MUST READS IN HEALTH + WELLNESS THIS WEEK
Every week, The S-Life Mag will make sure you’re in the know about the latest scientific studies and current events pertaining to health, wellness, nutrition and more. This is the stuff you need to know for your body, mind and soul!
- “Listen to your body” is a Sakara fundamental principle for a good reason. A new neurological study highlights the importance of tuning into the clues your body sends you in times of stress.
- Sure, you know that greasy foods like burgers, fries, and pizza make you want to take a nap more than want to take your shirt off. But did you also know there are nutrient-packed foods (other than oysters and chocolate!) that can give your libido a big boost?
- A common anti-inflammatory painkiller often used to treat migraines might have cancer-fighting abilities.
- One more reason to love exercise (or learn to love it, if you’re not quite there yet): experts say that moving a muscle is the best medicine for low-back pain.
- Have more kids, live longer? Maybe.
- And while we’re on the subject, new research challenges the idea that couples who experience a miscarriage should wait three months to try for another baby.
- Common heartburn medications might be risky for your kidneys. It’s time to get alkaline, baby.
- The mammogram debate rages on. This time, a task force is saying it’s ok to wait until you’re 50 to start getting them regularly. In the meantime, keep up those self-exams!
- What should you eat for a healthy pregnancy? NOT this.
- This is why we’re always talking about the mind-body connection. Candidates for weight-loss surgery often suffer from depression and other mood disorders.