Jennifer Fisher's Guacamole Recipe
We went deep in the Sakara vault, to share with you way back when we asked Jennifer Fisher's favorite recipe. She delivered something vibrant, fresh and a little spicy — we sense a theme here...
- 5 ripe avocados
- 2 - 3 fresh jalapeños (finely chopped)
- 3/4 - 1 medium white onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 - 1 red pepper to taste (finely chopped)
- 2 limes
- generous handful of cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- pink himalayan salt
- fresh ground pepper
image via Jennifer Fisher
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit and coarsely score with a spoon, scooping out as to keep a chunky texture (keep pits for the bottom of the bowl to retain color of avocado! My mom's trick...).
- Add juice of the 2 limes to avocado and mix lightly (remember to keep the "chunk" and not too much liquid).
- Add chopped jalapeño, onion and red pepper to taste and desired consistency. I always add about 1/2 the amount of jalapeño to the onion and red pepper at first, and then slowly add more to taste.
- Add cilantro to taste and then salt + pepper to taste. Garnish with an extra squeeze of lime and extra red pepper and cilantro leaves.
- Serve with very good quality tortilla chips