What's Happening Now: The Top Must Reads This Week in Health + Wellness
Every week, The S-Life Mag will make sure you’re in the know about the latest scientific studies and current events pertaining to health, wellness, nutrition and more. This is the stuff you need to know for your body, mind and soul!
- Research shows that heart attack patients are getting increasingly younger and heavier. Take care of your heart! Hint: whole grains, healthy fats and plant-based proteins are the answer.
- Eating disorders are notoriously difficult to fully understand and treat, but a new study offers hope—it found a certain type of brain stimulation may reduce anorexia symptoms.
- Will your iPhone’s new Night Shift feature help you sleep better? Not so fast, say the experts.
- Instead, consider amping up your protein consumption for better shut-eye (yes, you can do that with plants!).
- Caffeine is linked to miscarriage risk—but it’s not just Mom’s coffee consumption that’s at issue.
- The secret to harnessing your anxiety and turning it into success may be easier than you think. It’s time to change the conversation (that you have with yourself). #ThoughtsToThings, you guys!
- Usually, “do nothing” is poor advice to follow if you want to feel better. Yet a strong body of literature now shows that meditation—the mindful art of doing nothing but sitting still—effectively relieves pain.
- A Mediterranean diet (rich in fresh produce and healthy fats...sound familiar?) has been linked to strong bones and, more specifically, lower risk of hip fracture in women...so you can keep wiggling away.
- Diabetics may benefit from a weightlifting regimen, which could improve insulin resistance, according to new research.
- Fewer ear infections in babies = (slightly) fewer sleepless nights for parents. Win.
- Make like a peacock (seriously) and up your Tinder/Bumble/OKCupid game simply by paying a little more attention to your posture, says science.