Recipe! Veggie Platter w/ Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Hummus
Veggie Platter w/ Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Hummus
Yields 3 cups, and serves 8-10 as an appetizer
FOR THE HUMMUS:
- 1 15oz-can no/low sodium organic chickpeas, drained
- 4 TBSP sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 5 TBSP organic tahini
- 1/8 cup + 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (for hummus + garnish)
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 5 TBSP fresh basil leaves
FOR THE VEGGIE PLATTER:
- 1 bunch radishes, rinsed, trimmed, quartered
- ~1 pint cherry tomatoes (using rest of tomatoes from hummus)
- 1/2 pound baby carrots sticks
- 1/4 pound broccoli florets, blanched and shocked*
- 1/4 pound cauliflower florets, blanched and shocked
Place all ingredients except fresh basil and the extra 2 TBSP of olive oil in food processor. Blend until smooth then add fresh basil and pulse for a few times until basil is coarsely cut. Place finished hummus in dipping bowl and drizzle 2 TBSP olive oil on top.
Place hummus on a larger platter and surround with veggies. Dig in!
*Blanched and shocked: Quickly boil broccoli and cauliflower for about 30 seconds and place in an ice bath. This is to soften the veggies a bit and create a brighter color (keeping nutrients intact!).