Crispy Balsamic Brussels Salad
Celebrate the bounty of Winter with this flavorful, nutrient dense salad.
Balancing bitter greens with the sweet smokiness of crispy balsamic Brussels and the warm spices of seasoned nuts and seeds, this salad is both cozy and fresh—making it the perfect dish to keep us nourished through the winter months.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, sliced in halves
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 3-4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Small head of frisée (sub: escarole or endive), sliced
- ½ small radicchio, sliced
- ¼ bunch of parsley, chopped finely
- Juice + zest from 1 lemon
- Warmly spiced nut + seed blend
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 whole shallot, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- In a large bowl, toss together Brussels, balsamic, gluten free flour, avocado oil, salt, pepper, and paprika until the Brussels are coated.
- Lay Brussels out on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes and then stir the Brussels to ensure they cook on both side, and cook for another 15 minutes or until crispy.
- While the Brussels are cooking, place the garlic + shallots into a pan with oil over medium heat and sauté until fragrant and softened, about 4 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, place frisée, radicchio, parsley, garlic, and onion. Drizzle lemon juice over the salad and toss. Add Brussels evenly to the salad and top with spiced nuts and seeds.