Creamy Cauliflower Soup
OUR GO-TO COMFORT DISH ON A COLD WINTER DAY
This dish is an ode to the cruciferous powerhouse we love so much. With every warming spoonful, our bodies reap the vast benefits of sulfur-rich cauliflower—from being a precursor to the body’s major antioxidant (glutathione) to synthesizing the proteins and collagen that strengthen joints and beautify hair, skin, and nails.
Cozy up with a bowl and experience the plant-rich transformation yourself.
INGREDIENTS (Yields 4 servings)
1 whole cauliflower, chopped into large pieces
½ onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4 cloves garlic
3 sprigs of sage
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 ounces veggie broth
Salt + pepper, to taste
Optional: Microgreens and seeds, to top
- Place a large soup pot on medium-low heat. Drizzle the pot generously with olive oil and add in all the cauliflower. Cook for 15 minutes or until softened, stirring often.
- Add onion, garlic, and carrot and cook until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper and add 2 tablespoons of water to the pot to ensure the ingredients are not sticking. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in veggie broth, thyme, and sage and simmer until ingredients are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Add extra two tablespoons of olive oil and, with an immersion blender, blend all the contents together.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust as needed. To serve, top with microgreens and seeds. Enjoy!