Sedona Sunset Margarita
SPIKE YOUR DRINK WITH A RUSH OF ANTI-INFLAMMATORY TURMERIC
Whether you're slinking through the humid, city streets this summer or not, transport yourself to the healing epicenter of the world: The Red Rocks of Sedona, where the sunsets come technicolor and the drinks come spicy. We like this margarita recipe because the mezcal is smooth, the flavor notes are citrus-y and we loaded our shaker with anti-inflammatory turmeric.
Sedona Sunset Turmeric Margarita
- 2 ounces GEM&BOLT mezcal
- 1 ounce juiced turmeric root*
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
*if you can't juice your own turmeric, a spoonful of ground turmeric works as well; in this case, up the orange juice to 1.5 oz
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice; add in freshly squeezed orange juice, mezcal, turmeric and agave, and shake.
- Wet the rim with lime wedge, and salt the rim with a mix of ground turmeric and coarse salt.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with grated orange peel and a lime wedge. Sip and enjoy.
More Colorful, Plant-Rich Recipes