Chamomile Tea Cake with Lemon Honey Drizzle
WOULD YOU BELIEVE THERE'S A CUP OF ZUCCHINI TUCKED AWAY IN THIS SUGAR-FREE SLEEP LOAF
This might taste like a dessert, but it's really a midnight snack with the ultimate sleepytime formula. Tucked in the loaf, you'll find a cup of magnesium-rich zucchini, amber Sakara Sleep Tea brew, and immune-balancing honey. This combination offers respite for your digestion, soothes the nervous system, and turns on the parasympathetic body signals. Sleep Tea contains super herbs that help to induce sleep, like valerian, catnip, and passionflower; these herbs are known to naturally increase GABA in the brain and activate your body's ability to rest and regenerate. A slice of this three hours before bed will create the ideal edible foreplay for your night of deep sleep.
- 3/4 cup brewed Sakara Sleep Tea (substitute: chamomile tea)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1.5 cup oat flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 flaxseed egg (2 tablespoons flaxseed mixed with ¼ cup water)
- ½ raw zucchini, shredded + squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
Lemon Honey Glaze:
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a loaf pan by lining with parchment paper or olive oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the tea, flaxseed egg, zucchini, lemon zest, vanilla, and olive oil.
- Pour a little bit of the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir to combine. Continue this process until all of the dry mixture has been folded into the wet mixture. Once fully combined, scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before removing from pan.
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze by placing lemon juice, zest, honey, and coconut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk until smooth and drizzle over the cake.
MORE ON SLEEPING SMART