Farmer's Bounty Plate with Chilled Coconut-Turmeric Rice Noodles
A LUSH MIX OF GREENS, HERBS, AND MARIGOLD NOODLES TO KEEP YOU COOL
When the temperatures are sweltering outside, turn to this recipe for a crisp respite in the form of food as medicine. Alongside a lush bed of lettuce, aromatic herbs, and sulfur-rich veggies like radish, prepare some satiating noodles in under five minutes. The twist is that these noodles are perfect for your hottest days; they're chilled and tossed with the anti-inflammatory powerhouse, turmeric. This combination will soothe your tissues from the inside-out, keeping you hydrated and energized as the sun's rays hit your shoulders.
- 1 8-ounces package rice noodles
- 3 cups of any mixed greens
- 1 cup snap peas, cut in half
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 small radish, sliced
- ½ cup coconut yogurt (suggested: cocojune or Culina for their mild taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup seeds (suggested: pumpkin or sunflower)
- ½ cup of chopped soft herbs (suggested: parsley, cilantro, basil, mint)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Cook rice noodles according to package instruction. Once done cooking, rinse with cool water and set to the side.
- While the noodles are being prepared, in a small bowl, whisk together coconut yogurt, vinegar, lemon, red pepper, turmeric powder, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup chopped herbs.
- Combine rice noodles with coconut-turmeric sauce until all noodles are covered.
- On a serving plate or bowl, place a layer of soft lettuce down, followed by the noodles, then cucumber, snap peas, radish, herbs, seeds. Finish with a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!
MORE SUMMERTIME RECIPES: