What to Shop, Eat + Buy in LA: Holiday Edition
Dearest Californians, we know that your weather doesn't necessarily contribute to a jolly holiday spirit (and be sure, it's fairly warm in NY right now as well), so we've put together some of our favorite LA holiday goings-ons, to get your love + creativity flowing. Let it (fake) snow, let it (fake) snow!
SHOPS FOR UNIQUE HOLIDAY GIFTS
- Shop The General Store, but fore warning: you'll want to keep all everything you bought to yourself.
- The OK store might just be your dream come true. With locations in both Silverlake and West Hollywood, it's the definition of specialty shop.
- Westfield Century City is taking the idea of a “gift box” to the next level with their Gift Boxes aka pop-up vending machines fully stocked with some of the coolest march in LA.
- The Detox Market...with a name like that, we’re instantly hooked.
SPOTS + EVENTS TO GET YOU IN THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT
- Even though Californians pride themselves on sunny and 75-degree winter weather, sometimes it’s nice to get some “white Christmas” vibes as well. Get to The Grove’s outdoor shopping complex for the most elaborate Christmas displays, decorations, Santa himself, and watch it miraculously “snow” on the hour, every hour. Also, hit up The Grove's Farmer's Market while you're at it.
- The ice skating rink at LA Live! Bundle up and go with your honey, or a couple of your best friends – just be sure to enjoy a festive cocktail (or two) before heading on the ice. It makes the tumbles far less painful...
- Visit the Reindeer Romp in the all-new Reindeer Village at the LA Zoo. If that doesn’t sound like the perfect Holiday Instagram Photo Op…I do not know what does.
- If we didn’t already have enough reasons to love Erewhon, here’s another: Shop for your Holiday groceries amongst garland, lights, poinsettias, and hot pumpkin spice (almond) lattes.
- If you’re hosting this Christmas, you’re probably stressing not only about putting dinner on the table, but also providing tasty appetizers, and of course some decadent dessert. Head to Joan’s on Third for European imported cheeses and meats, fresh organic olives, delicious side dishes, and, of course, pies and cakes galore.
- If you want the real Cali Christmas experience, go to Malibu Farm Café just off the PCH. Walk to the end of the pier for some killer Pacific views, incredible farm fresh food, beautiful coastal décor, and enjoy the Christmas music and lights.