GLOWING ROSE ADAPTOGENIC LATTE
A BEAUTY-BOOSTING FROTHY DRINK FEATURING ROSE, REISHI, AND HONEY
Your morning skincare routine extends beyond topicals, and this enlightened, frothy latte can play an impactful role in your rituals just as any serum or mask. Lover of herbs and botanicals, and Sakara Wellness Coach, Sasha Pagni, culled together a mix of the most potent, beautifying plants. Together, they create an elixir that supports collagen, alleviates redness and inflammation, and hydrates at the cellular level—resulting in bright, clear, even-toned skin. She begins with a base of soothing rose tea. The beauty boosts come by way of antimicrobial honey, biotin in the pistachio milk, Tocos' vitamin E (which protects from free radicals), and immunity powerhouse Reishi mushroom. Dusted with bee pollen, this elixir is delicate and pastel in color, but not cloyingly sweet in flavor; in fact, notes of earthy, grounded, vanilla-rose stand out most.
Why We Love This Recipe:
- Rose is anti-inflammatory, high in vitamin C, and a potent source of beta-carotene.
- Tocos, or rice bran solubles, are high in Vitamin E—a key nutrient for nourishing the skin.
- Reishi is a medicinal mushroom that contains beta-glucans, a compound known for its detoxifying properties and ample antioxidant content. Also, Reishi and other fungi are made of glucosamines, an amino sugar that builds connective tissues and collagen. This strengthens cell integrity and keeps the cells in your body hydrated, which means plump skin and youthful radiance outside and in.
- ½ cup Rose/Rosehip tea
- ½ cup pistachio milk, warmed (sub flaxseed milk or cashew milk)
- 1-2 tablespoon honey (sub date syrup)
- 1 tablespoon Tocos
- 1 teaspoon Reishi Powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter (sub cacao butter)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Rosewater (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Beetroot powder (sub hibiscus powder or pitaya powder)
- ½ teaspoon cardamom + more for sprinkling
- Sakara Beauty Water Drops (optional)
- Bee pollen to top
- Make rose and rosehip tea by combining 2 tablespoons dried rose petals and 2 tablespoons dried rosehips. (You can also find a rose tea at your local health food store tea section.) Steep in ½ cup of hot water for 10 minutes until water becomes deep pink.
- Warm pistachio milk on stove until desired heat.
- Combine tea, milk, honey, tocos, reishi, coconut butter, vanilla, rosewater, beetroot powder, cardamom, and Sakara Beauty Water Drops into blender. Blend on high until extremely frothy and light pink.
- Sprinkle cardamom and bee pollen on top.
Easy Recipes to Celebrate Plant Magic: