Chocolate Blossom Bars
A PLANT-POWERED TREAT TO FUEL YOUR AFTERNOON SNACK SESH, DELICIOUSLY
Looking for a 3 p.m. pick-me-up that won’t skyrocket your blood sugar levels (and leave you crashing a few hours later)? Our take on chocolate crunch bars satisfy your sweet cravings while nourishing your body with bountiful plant-rich ingredients—including brain-powering nuts and seeds, mineral-rich dates, crunchy puffed millet, and technicolor floral toppings.
This ultra-satisfying chocolatey snack also gets a boost courtesy of our Metabolism Super Powder, designed to help ease bloat and curb sugar cravings. Whip up these sweet bars and savor them, knowing you’re nourishing your body and JOY on every level.
2 servings Sakara Metabolism Super Powder
2 cups dates
1 cup mixed nuts and seeds
⅔ cup coconut flakes
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup almond slivers
1 cup puffed millet
¼ cup almond flour
½ cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut butter
Toppings: edible flowers, bee pollen, sea salt, freeze-dried berries
- Add dates, nuts and seeds, ⅓ cup of coconut flakes, Metabolism Super Powder, almond butter, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor or blender. Process until the dates are smooth but there are still visible chunks of seeds.
- Move mixture to a bowl then add ½ cup puffed millet, slivered almonds, the other ⅓ cup of coconut flakes, and almond flour. Mix well until combined.
- Place mixture into a parchment-lined cake pan and smooth into a thick layer.
- Layer the other ½ cup of puffed millet over and pat down.
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut butter in a small saucepan, and melt.
- Drizzle melted chocolate mixture over the puffed millet until covered.
- Layer with toppings of choice and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Cut into bars and enjoy!