Desert Rose Cocktail
HEAD INTO THE WEEKEND WITH A SPICY BEVERAGE IN HAND AND SULTRY SUMMER MEMORIES IN MIND
Nature's wisdom has shown us that a flower can bloom even in the desert, which to us means that we can all flourish under the harshest conditions—including stress or work-life imbalance. Taking a moment to celebrate even the smallest victories (such as making through the week in one piece!) reenergizes the spirit. And doing so with a spicy, smoky beverage made with restorative foods and compounds? Even better.
- 1/3 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 dropper fulls of rose oil
- 1 1/2 ounces (1 shot) mezcal
- 2 limes, 1 thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold-pressed juice (we like beet-fruit blend for color)
- 5 dropper fulls of Sakara Beauty Drops
- splash of club seltzer or club soda
- liquid sweetener of choice (we like stevia)
1. In a cocktail shaker or tall glass, muddle the jalapeño.
2. Fill the shaker or glass with ice, then add the mezcal, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, the pressed juice, and Beauty Water Drops.
3. Shake well and strain into a glass over fresh ice.
4. Top with a splash of club soda and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
5. Garnish with a couple of slices of lime and jalapeño.
For 100+ nutrient-dense, plant-rich, signature Sakara recipes, explore more from Eat Clean, Play Dirty: Recipes for a Body and Life You Love