Simple Lemon-"Cheezy"-Rosemary Pasta
THE COZY FALL-TIME DISH GETS AN UPGRADE, THANKS TO AN HERBACEOUS CRUNCH
Bask in this plant-rich take on alfredo, and relish in the fact that a cozy pasta dish won't make you feel sluggish, as the "cheeze" element is made of nutritional yeast. The B vitamins in nutritional yeast, specifically B12, help support a healthy energy metabolism for the cells in our body. Power up, Sakaralite.
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 package high-quality rigatoni
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves, garlic
- 2 cups water (pasta water)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 package Energy Superseed + Nut Blend
- Cook rigatoni according to the package directions.
- In a blender, place sunflower seeds, water, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour sauce over rigatoni and stir well over low-heat.
- Once combined, add leafy greens, and top with Energy Superseed + Nut packet. Enjoy.