Make It Hot Pepper Sauce
We dropped something hot (and totally unexpected) into our Signature Nutrition Program deliveries, and our community went wild. By popular demand, allow us to present the recipe for our Make It Hot Pepper Sauce.
Drizzle on anything and everything, from verdant greens to plant-powered tacos, for a tangy, flavorful kick packed with damiana, a time-honored herbal aphrodisiac known to increase circulation to all the right places…
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 whole carrot, cut into two-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 whole red habanero pepper
- ½ tablespoon pineapple powder
- 1-¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon pitaya powder
- ½ medium to large red bell pepper, cleaned and halved
- 1 whole dried ancho chili
- ½ medium to large yellow bell pepper
- 1 dropperful damiana extract
- Preheat the oven to 400. Roast carrots for 10-15 minutes until soft and starting to brown on edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Lower heat to 350. Roast garlic cloves and peppers together for 10-15 minutes until peppers are soft and blistering. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a blender, add roasted carrots, garlic, and peppers. Add apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, damiana extract, pineapple powder, pitaya powder, and salt. Blend until all ingredients are fully incorporated together.
- Store for up to 3 months in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION: