Metabolism-Boosting Mochi Brownies
AN ENERGY-ENHANCING TWIST ON THE TRADITIONAL FUDGY DESSERT
Decadent. Comforting. Deliciously irresistible... You can rarely go wrong with a brownie. But why settle for the ordinary when you can give them an energizing, bloat-easing twist? We took our go-to brownie recipe to the next level by incorporating system-revving, gut-supporting Metabolism Super Powder and a base of mochi flour (AKA glutinous rice flour).
Despite the “glutinous” name, there’s no gluten in mochi flour. Instead, it’s derived from short-grain rice known as “glutinous”, or “sticky”, rice (like what’s in your favorite cucumber-avocado roll). And the best part? Mochi flour infuses baked goods with a naturally sweet flavor and pillowy-soft texture that makes them that much more crave-worthy.
This recipe proves that brownies can serve up joy and body-loving benefits. Close your eyes, take a bite, and savor plant-powered pleasure.
- 4 tablespoons Metabolism Super Powder
- 1 ¼ cup sweet rice flour (we like the brand Mochiko)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup unsalted plant-based butter
- ½ cup plant-based chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs or egg replacers
- 1 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Brush an 8”x 8” square baking pan with melted butter, then line the pan with parchment paper. Brush the parchment paper with butter as well.
- In a medium bowl, add Metabolism Super Powder, mochi flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt. Whisk well until combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds. Add chocolate chips and stir, melting the chocolate.
- In a large bowl, add coconut milk, flax eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Add the butter and chocolate mixture, and beat until combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pan (sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if desired) and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
MORE METABOLISM-BOOSTING DESSERTS