Organic, plant-rich, and nutritionally designed for transformation.
Help maintain a diverse and balanced gut microbiome when you subscribe to our best-selling daily essential.
Nourish on-the-go with delicious new flavors and functional benefits.
Our limited-edition program designed to amplify your radiance like never before with Sakara nutrition and complimentary skincare from Grown Alchemist.
Nourish your body and changeyour life. We deliver organic.
Nourish your body and change your life. We deliver organic.
Filled with cooling, hydrating veggies like beets, carrots, and daikon, these colorful wraps make for an ideal light lunch. Not only are they a visual feast, but these rice-paper wraps provide fiber, antioxidants, and sulfur, also known as the beauty mineral. The recipe also features sesame oil, which has been used for centuries as a potent skin healer, thanks to vitamin E.
For the vinaigrette:
For the wraps:
1. Make the vinaigrette: In a blender, combine the plum vinegar, rice vinegar, ginger, lime juice, and tamari. With the blender, still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and sesame oil to emulsify. Set aside.
2. Make the fillings: In a medium saucepan, bring the rice and 1/2 cup of water tp a boil. Reduce to the lowest simmer possible and cover. Cook for 45 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let the rice sit for 15 minutes, covered, before transferring the rice to a bowl and tossing it with the sesame oil. Allow the rice to cool.
3. In another medium saucepan, bring the lentils and 3/4 cup of water to a boil and cook for 30 minutes, or until the lentils are slightly tender. Drain any excess water.
4. Assemble the wraps: Fill a large, wide bowl with water. Dip a rice paper wrapper in the water for 2 or 3 seconds. Resist oversoaking—even if the paper is a bit stiff, it will continue to absorb water as you assemble the wrap. Place the paper on a clean work surface.
5. Arrange the rice, lentils, cilantro, avocado, beets, carrots, daikon, and strawberries down the center of the wrappers lengthwise. To roll, carefully fold up one of the short ends of the wrappers over the filling. Then fold one of the longer sides over the toppings and carefully roll the wrap toward the edge of the wrapper to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Slice each wrap in half and serve with the ginger-lime vinaigrette for dipping.
Celebrate Colorful Plants This Season
Whitney's Mom Has the Perfect Chopped Salad Recipe
3 Smoothie Bowls to Spark Creativity
By S LIFE MAG • July 1, 2020
Photographer: Lianna Tarantin