Red Velvet Metabolism Smoothie
THE HOTTEST SMOOTHIE RECIPE, STARRING THE POWDER WE LOVE TO LOVE
Though we try to not play favorites, Metabolism Super Powder is a celebrated standout in our Clean Boutique. It is a powerful ally, when paired with an organic, plant-rich diet, to supercharge a sluggish metabolism. How? First, it helps to curb sugar cravings by bolstering the gut with l-glutamine, reduces water retention and bloat with celery seed; and supports a healthy thyroid with ample iodine from fucoxanthin, a brown Atlantic seaweed.
We love to add the formidable formula to elixirs, frothy cappuccinos, and chia puddings. Our latest inspiration is a red hot smoothie with deep chocolate flavor, just in time for Valentine's Day. The recipe here makes one serving, but if you want to speed things up with a lover, double the batch.
Why we like this recipe:
- Beets detoxify, tame inflammation, and reduce oxidative stress, thanks to the potent betaine and Betalains inside
- Cacao nibs taste decadent but offer magnesium, the critical mineral that soothes digestion
- Bananas are a potent source of prebiotic fiber, which promotes regularity, immunity, cognitive and gut health.
Ingredients (Serves one):
- 1 packet Metabolism Super Powder
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup chopped and peeled medium red beet
- 1 cup almond milk (can substitute any plant-based milk)
- Cacao nibs (for garnish)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for one minute or until smooth (add more milk as needed if the drink is too thick for you)
- Pour in glass and top with coconut cream (recipe found here)
More recipes by Sakara Health Coach, Sasha Pagni