Slow Burn Brownies With Cinnamon-Caramel Drip
A FUNCTIONAL DESSERT THAT PUTS YOUR LIBIDO FIRST—WE RECOMMEND SAVORING, FOR MAXIMUM PLEASURE
There’s a connection between sexual energy and your metabolism. An unlikely pairing at first blush, but fully embracing sensuality relies on dropping into the physical. So many of us are detached and uncomfortable there—for more reasons than room to list—but one in particular, is feeling sluggish and foggy. While metabolism has a reputation for dealing with weight, it’s a chemical process necessary to maintain life, help the body “pick up the pace”, and achieve system-wide synchronicity. A thriving metabolism promotes circulation and proper blood flow; both functions are critical for spiking sex drive, dilating, and finding yourself in the mood for seduction.
And if you thought seduction was only applicable in the realms of romance, think again. Writer and feminist, Audre Lorde, once wrote, “For the erotic is not only a question of what we do; it is how acutely and fully we feel in the doing.” Meaning, everything in life can be a seductive, pleasurable experience, so long as we accept the invitation: to take things slow, become more present, and lean into the erotic. Not to mention, the polarity of a fast-acting metabolism and a slow and sensual headspace, creates tension that is primed for pleasure.
What better way to kick off your own sensual exploration than with food, the thrice daily act that gets all five senses involved?Below, discover recipes that are lessons in pleasure; put them together as an act of self-nourishment, luxuriate in the process, and savor as you take each bite. Notice the flavors, the textures, and let it sit on your tongue a while instead of eating unconsciously. The ingredients were mindfully chosen for their ancient plant wisdom, and their capacity to encourage blood flow, energy, and prana in the physical body. Enjoy.
SLOW BURN BROWNIES WITH CINNAMON CARAMEL DRIZZLE
WHY IT TURNS YOU ON:
Raw cacao contains tryptophan and magnesium, both necessary in the production of serotonin, also known as the happy hormone. Cacao also offers high concentrations of PEA, or phenylethylamine—its moniker is the love hormone, since it's a neurotransmitter associated with passionate love and has a similar effect to some stimulants. The healthy fats in the coconut oil help to support the thyroid, while reducing stress hormones like cortisol. Uplevel with sexually energizing herbs like maca—known to help with stamina and desire—and mesquite, which has high levels of iron and zinc, both promoters of healthy blood and arousal. The final drizzle of caramel adds hints of vanilla, a plant that has been used by courtesans for millennia, as a potent, mood-lifting aphrodisiac.
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed + 6 extra tablespoons of water
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 3 scoops Metabolism Super Powder (can substitute with ¾ cup cacao powder)
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 tablespoon mesquite or lucuma
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Once flaxseed "egg" congeals, add in melted coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine oat flour, Metabolism Super Powder, salt, and optional adaptogens (maca, lucuma, and mesquite). Whisk together.
- Combine wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, add ⅓ cup of water, and mix gently until combined.
- Pour batter into a baking tin (recommended: 9-inch square or 8 x 6-inch rectangular tin) and bake on 325F for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool for an hour before cutting.
- Drizzle with caramel and enjoy.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Sea salt, vanilla, or cinnamon to taste
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the almond butter until fully incorporated and smooth. Add sea salt, vanilla, or cinnamon to taste.
MORE RECIPES DESIGNED FOR PLEASURE: