The Metabolism-Boosting Gingerbread Latte
We’ve partnered with Maman, our favorite French café in NYC, to bring you the most decadent, flavorful elixir you’ll taste all season. Enter: The Metabolism-Boosting Gingerbread Latte. Created by Maman culinary director Caitlin Burke, this delicious blend mixes warming spices (including inflammation-soothing cinnamon, ginger, and coriander) with an infusion of Metabolism Super Powder to bring you a latte that’s as functional as it is decadent.
- ½ scoop Sakara Metabolism Super Powder
- ½ teaspoon gingerbread spice mix (see recipe for the spice mix below)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 double shot of espresso
- 8oz hot (or steamed) oat milk
- Sprinkle of gingerbread spice for garnish
Gingerbread spice mix:
(Note: this will make you a small container to enjoy a few lattes with)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground all spice
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
Make the spice mix
In a bowl combine all of your spices and mix thoroughly with gloved hands or using a whisk. Package and label in a sealed container for freshness.
Make the latte
- Choose your favorite mug and add Metabolism Super Powder, followed by your gingerbread spice mix.
- Brew and pour your double shot of espresso on top of the dry items. Stir to combine. Add maple syrup.
- If you have a steam wand at home, steam your oat milk and pour directly into mug. If you do not have a steam wand, heat 8oz of oat milk on the stove or in the microwave in a spouted glass measuring cup and pour directly onto your other ingredients.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of the gingerbread spice mix you have set aside using a small hand sifter or powder shaker. Bon Appetit!
MORE WAYS TO KICKSTART YOUR METABOLISM