Beautifying Floral-Infused Chocolates
WE PICKED FRESH FLOWERS AND WHIPPED UP A STUNNING DESSERT
Bask in the visual feast; these chocolate bars exemplify blossoming spring and plant magic, as the recipe calls for flower buds, adaptogens, superfoods, and a bouquet's worth of botanicals. Not only are the brightly-colored sweet treats stop-in-your-tracks gorgeous, they also offer beautifying properties that tame inflammation, nourish the adrenals, boost radiance, and stimulate the body's stores of collagen. Each square reclaims dessert without refined sugar, is completely plant-based, and champions the powers of nature and pleasure as it melts in your mouth.
Some chef notes from food alchemist and avid plant home cook, Sasha Pagni:
- Make sure you use golden-toned, pure cacao butter as opposed to cacao nibs or other forms of chocolate, as you won't yield the same result. Plus, the healthy fats in cacao butter serve to strengthen the skin barrier and heal the glandular system.
- Keep in mind, you can use silicone molds with this recipe or be more free-form, lining parchment paper in a square baking pan to create a bark rather than a bar.
Deliver to a friend as a stunning gift, or make this show-stopping edible art project for weekend fun and soak up the beauty, solo.
- 1 cup raw cacao butter (suggested: Navitas or Sunfood)
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk powder (or plant-based powder creamer)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (suggested: powdered monk fruit sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Mix of fresh and dry edible flowers (suggested: rose, violet, chamomile, calendula, nasturtium)
Optional adaptogenic superfood add-ins for color, texture, and beauty:
- Cashew butter
- Bee pollen
- He shou wu
- Schisandra powder
- Rose powder
- Shilajit powder
- Pearl powder
- Goji berries
- Melt your raw cacao butter in a glass bowl or small pot over a double boiler on a low heat.
- Once the cacao is melted, whisk in the coconut milk powder, coconut butter, sweetener, vanilla, salt, and option add-ins (rose powder, cashew butter, etc). Whisk until the ingredients are completely smooth.
- Pour cacao into chocolate molds or on the prepared parchment paper and place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Once the cacao is partially solid, place your flowers, bee pollen, goji berries, and any other toppings you may want on your bar or bark.
- Place back into the fridge and let it set for an additional hour.
MORE PLANT-BASED + REFINED SUGAR-FREE DESSERTS