The Green Juice Cocktail
COAX OUT THE SUMMER SPIRIT WITH A TART, HYDRATING LIBATION
Summer. It's bright, sticky, melt-your-popsicle-hot for three months. It's also a season that brings capital J joy because the produce is as colorful and fragrant as ever. So, when we're feeling the heat and want to take advantage of our farmer's market haul, we shake, squeeze, and sip this green juice cocktail. It's the perfect antidote to cool off, as you pair your favorite green juice recipe with one shot of organic tequila or mezcal. The enzymes and antioxidants in your juice will help to hydrate and combat inflammation as you bask in the rising temperatures. Don't forget a generous squeeze of lime and to salt the rim.
Alternatively, you can forgo the alcohol and keep the celebratory energy intact, by pouring your juice on the rocks in your biggest wine glass. Eat clean, play dirty, and activate your senses.
- 1 cup green juice (suggested: celery, cucumber, kale, lemon, green apple, ginger combo—but any green juice with at least 1 fruit will work)
- 1-2 shots of organic tequila or mezcal
- 1/4 teaspoon agave or monk fruit drops to taste
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Optional: slices of cucumber + kiwi + lime + mint for garnish
- Optional: 1-2 dropperfuls of Detox Water Drops
- Make the green juice in a juicer, or alternatively in a blender using a nut milk bag to strain juice and remove the pulp.
- Fill up a cocktail shaker with ice. Top with green juice, tequila or mezcal, natural sweetener of choice, optional Detox Water Drops, and lime juice.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a glass with optional salt rim.
- Garnish with slices of kiwi, cucumber, lime and mint.
CHEERS TO SUMMER